Affiliated to Baba Farid University Of Health Sciences
Approved by Punjab Nurses Registration Council & Indian Nursing Council
HKL College of Nursing, Guruharsahai is well established Institute in healthcare education which constantly redesigns the way healthcare professionals are trained. we have comprehensive campus programmes for nursing education aspirants:
- BSc. Nursing(Basic)
- BSc. Nursing(Post Basic)
- General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM)
- Auxiliary Nursing Midwifery(ANM)
- Home Based Care
- Emergency Cum Ambulance Attendant
- Operation Theatre Attendant
- Hospital and Home Based care
We provides health care programmes that are innovative, clinical relevant, and technology infused.
We provide huge platform for personality development and effective communication.The institution was initially offering Diploma in Nursing 1997. But as years rolled on, its rays had spread to other latitudes in nursing education such as ANM in 2000, B.Sc (N) and PBBSc in the year 2009 The college is affiliated to the Baba Farid University Of Health Sciences, Punjab and recognized by the Indian Nursing Council and by Punjab Nurses Registration Council. The college believes in preparing nurses from all states of India and abroad to meet the great challenges of service in the field of nursing.
Henceforth the college prepares its students to develop ability to critically analyze problems and take responsibility effectiveness throughout their careers. The college believes in a system of education that suits with the dynamic educational patterns of the country to meet the needs of the society.
Nursing profession contributes in a vital significant way in the health care delivery system. It recognizes national health goals and is committed to participate in the implementation of National Health policies and programs.It aims at identifying health needs of the people, planning and providing quality care in collaboration with other health professional and community groups.
Scope of nursing practice encompasses provision of promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative aspects of care to people across their life span in wide variety of health care settings. Practice of nursing is based upon application of basic concept. Nursing profession is based on values of caring and aims to help individuals to attend independence in self-care. It necessitates development of compassion and understanding of human behaviour among its practitioners to provide care with respect and dignity and protect the rights of individuals and group. The teachers have the responsibility to be role models and create learning environment that enables students to acquire inquiry driven self directed learning and foster an attitude of lifelong learning.
– The college has future plans of starting – MSc Nursing in different specialties.
– Various Special Diploma Courses. – Various Short Term Courses in Nursing
The aim of the nursing program is to :
– Prepare students to assume responsibilities as professional, competent nurses in providing promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative services.
– Prepare nurses who can take independent decisions in nursing situations, protect the rights of and facilitate individuals and groups in pursuit of health, function in the hospital, community nursing services and conduct research studies in the areas of nursing practice. They are also expected to assume the role of teacher, supervisor and manager in a clinical / public health settings.
– Utilize/apply the concepts, theories and principles of nursing science.
– Demonstrate advance competence in practice of nursing.